Datacenter Manager, Noida, India
BLUETOWN is recruiting a new Datacenter Manager in India. Do you want to be part of a Tech and Services start-up in rapid development? Are you looking for a high profile and versatile job with exciting challenges?
What we do
BLUETOWN is an internet and content service provider with a vision of making modern connectivity accessible and affordable for everyone by combining innovative technology and new business models. Currently, 4 billion people worldwide are unconnected, and the potential impact on their lives is enormous, whether it is economic growth, education, healthcare, or strengthened social relations. BLUETOWN’s solutions also include the BLUETOWN Local Cloud that provides end-users with access to verified e-Health, e-Learning, agricultural e- Content, entertainment, and more.
As the Global Datacenter Manager, you will be at the very center and heart of the Bluetown IT infrastructure, ensuring smooth operations and running our local and global datacenters in the most efficient and cost-effective way. The list of responsibilities include:
- Keeping local and global (AWS, Azure) datacenters running in smooth operations and performing well according to expectations
- Handle day to day operational issues in the datacenters, including issues with the applications residing in those datacenters including but not limited to
- Database maintenance (MySQL, SQL)
- Network operations including Mikrotik routers and AAA server
- Zabbix network monitoring
- Troubleshooting, root cause analysis, impact assessment and solution implementation on datacenter assets
- Monitoring the datacenters for issues and collect data for ongoing reporting
- Ensuring capacity management is conducted properly, avoiding issues due to growth
- Ensure the datacenter KPI’s are monitored, reported on and live up to expectations
- Document technical and logical setup in the datacenters, including schematic drawings, and ensuring datacenter access policies are in place and adhered to
- Design, present and implement Disaster Recovery plans
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for Datacenter in IT Operations
Become a key person in a developing industry
Our business is growing rapidly in the Indian market, as well as in the neighboring countries, and we are therefore looking for a person who can handle the large responsibility that comes with it. To fill the position, you should have the ability to work in challenging environment, have good interpersonal and presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally both orally and in writing. It is furthermore important that you can interact with people from different countries and cultures and that you can manage a busy environment even with a lot on your plate. You should also be ready to travel in any part of India and Overseas.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Telecommunication Engg., Computer Science, or Electrical & Electronic Engg.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience with datacenters, network operations, IT operations or similar
- Excellent skills in administration of AWS and Azure datacenters
- Proficient in Network Management including Mikrotik, AAA, cnMaestro, Zabbix
- Proficient in MSSQL and MySQL
- Ability to use standard presentation and information sharing tools such as PowerPoint, MS Teams, Confluence
- Experience working with Disaster Recovery
- Understanding of ITIL and other similar process standards
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good English skills (verbal and written)
- Good Hindi skills (verbal and written)
- A strong desire to be part of a truly international company pioneering new Internet Wi-Fi solutions in rural areas of developing countries in the world.
- It is an advantage if you have previously worked in the telecommunications industry
Want to apply?
If you feel inspired by reading the above and you believe you have what it takes to make a difference for people living without connectivity, then apply! The right candidate can start as soon as possible.
To apply for the position, please send your application (motivation letter and CV) in English to Gagandeep Singh: G@bluetown.com and include in the title “Global Datacenter Manager – BLUETOWN”.
Deadline for application is 15th October 2021. Applications received after the date will not be considered.
What we offer
We offer a competitive package. Salary will be negotiated based on proven track record and qualifications.
Who we are
BLUETOWN was founded in 2012 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and employs more than 90 employees worldwide. Approximately 36 of the people are employed in BLUETOWN India in headquarters in Delhi and the regional office in Ranchi, Jharkhand, and Patna, Bihar.