Global NOC Manager, Noida, India
BLUETOWN intended to do recruitment of the Global NOC Manager in India. Do you want to be part of a Tech and Services start-up in rapid development? Are you looking for a high profile and versatile job with exciting challenges?
What we do
BLUETOWN is an internet and content service provider with a vision of making modern connectivity accessible and affordable for everyone by combining innovative technology and new business models. Currently, 4 billion people worldwide are unconnected, and the potential impact on their lives is enormous, whether it is economic growth, education, healthcare, or strengthened social relations. BLUETOWN’s solutions also include the BLUETOWN Local Cloud that provides end-users with access to verified e-Health, e-Learning, agricultural e- Content, entertainment, and more.
Who we are
BLUETOWN was founded in 2012 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and employs more than 90 employees worldwide. Approximately 36 of the people are employed in BLUETOWN India in headquarters in Delhi and the regional office in Ranchi, Jharkhand, and Patna, Bihar.
As the Global NOC Manager, you will be involved to ensure that NOC operations are smoothly and ensure that all KPIs are met in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Report on NOC performance KPIs and accountable for meeting KPI targets.
- Establish NOC strategy and short term (one-year) plan. Report on strategy execution progress compared to plan.
- Establish monetary and headcount budgets for the NOC. Report on actuals compared to budget.
- Establish (write) processes and identify and drive implementation and configuration of tools as relevant for all NOC tasks. Including driving continuous improvement of processes and tool usage to constantly increase quality and efficiency of the NOC.
- Make sure that all NOC deliverables in terms of site integration, review, rejection/acceptance, network monitoring, ticket processing, reporting, surveying, customer care activities, etc. is provided in an efficient and timely manner, reflecting the business priorities and needs of BLUETOWN.
- Explain customers how to view reports, how to use various NOC tools.
- Publish and ensure accuracy various reports for internal and external consumptions.
- Co-ordinate with Commercial Team and Technical Team to get the Captive Portal Customized as per customer’s requirements.
- Ensure adherence to ITIL standards in NOC processes.
- Ensure that alarms in the alarm monitoring tool are raised within TAT according to their severity.
- Ensure that tickets are followed up with the field team and closed as per their remarks.
- Ensure that process flows are created in JIRA as per commercial and technical team requirements.
- Extract data from various sources using Power BI and get the reports published.
- Maintain a pipeline of possible NOC GETs and NOC Engineers, matching the project opportunities and derived need for the number of NOC employees. Ensure that the size of the NOC team match the BLUETOWN need.
- Update Job Description for NOC organization to match NOC strategy.
- Recruit NOC GETs and NOC Engineers meetings BLUETOWN requirements.
- Perform onboarding and training of new employees as per company policies.
- Establish criteria for performance, rewards, recognitions, and promotions.
- Perform employee performance evaluation and provide fair and clear feedback and recognitions that employees can act on, incl. communicating clear development plan and career path options.
- Act on any non-performing employees by providing tangible action plans and end BLUETOWN employment if the employee is not able to meet performance targets.
- Handle employee resignations as per company policies.
- Ensure that the NOC acts as an effective team by ensuring clear roles and responsibilities, priority setting, work distribution, delegation, and clear communication.
- Representing the NOC both internally and externally as needed.
Become a key person in a developing industry
Our business is growing rapidly in the Indian market, as well as in the neighboring countries, and we are therefore looking for a person who can handle the large responsibility that comes with it. To fill the position, you should have the ability to work in challenging environment, have good interpersonal and presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally both orally and in writing. It is furthermore important that you can interact with people from different countries and cultures and that you can manage a busy environment even with a lot on your plate. You should also be ready to travel in any part of India and Overseas.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Telecommunication Engg., Computer Science, or Electrical & Electronic Engg.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience with NOC and Network Operations of Telecom or Wi-Fi solutions
- Minimum of 2 years working experience within management and leading teams.
- Understanding of the concepts of VLANs, RF and transmission equipment.
- Ability to use standard documentation tools such as excel and TT tools for record keeping.
- Ability to use standard presentation and information sharing tools such as PowerPoint, MS Teams, Confluence.
- Ability to use Power BI for data extraction and report preparation.
- Understanding of ITIL and other similar process standards
- Understanding of basic Data Analytics and comfort to work with large amount of historical data.
- Ability to design informative reports as per internal and external team requirements.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Good English skills (verbal and written)
- Good Hindi skills (verbal and written)
- A strong desire to be part of a truly international company pioneering new Internet Wi-Fi solutions in rural areas of developing countries in the world.
Want to apply?
If you feel inspired by reading the above and you believe you have what it takes to make a difference for people living without connectivity, then apply! The right candidate can start as soon as possible.
To apply for the position, please send your application (motivation letter and CV) in English to Hitender Kumar: email@example.com mark the title “Global NOC Manager – BLUETOWN”.
Deadline for application is 10th April 2021. Applications received after the date will not be considered.
What we offer
We offer a competitive package. Salary will be negotiated based on proven track record and qualifications.