Global NOC Engineer, Noida, India
BLUETOWN intended to do recruitment of the Global NOC Engineer in India. Do you want to be part of a Tech and Services start-up in rapid development? Are you looking for a high profile and versatile job with exciting challenges?
What we do
BLUETOWN is an internet and content service provider with a vision of making modern connectivity accessible and affordable for everyone by combining innovative technology and new business models. Currently, 4 billion people worldwide are unconnected, and the potential impact on their lives is enormous, whether it is economic growth, education, healthcare, or strengthened social relations. BLUETOWN’s solutions also include the BLUETOWN Local Cloud that provides end-users with access to verified e-Health, e-Learning, agricultural e- Content, entertainment, and more.
Who we are
BLUETOWN was founded in 2012 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and employs more than 90 employees worldwide. Approximately 36 of the people are employed in BLUETOWN India in headquarters in Delhi and the regional office in Ranchi, Jharkhand, and Patna, Bihar.
As the Global NOC Engineer, you will assist your GNOC Manager to ensure that NOC operations are smoothly and ensure that all KPIs are met in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Monitor Systems: To monitor the performance and capability of Network using diversified tools. They figure out the malfunctioning of hardware, software, and environmental alerts. When a problem is recognized, NOC Engineers does the root cause analysis (RCA).
- Troubleshoot Problems: To work to triage or troubleshoot the issues, within their defined areas. NOCs generally have standard operating procedures (SOP) that the NOC engineer will closely follow. This may include coordinating with third-party vendors, customer contacts, or other IT teams for a holistic solution.
- Tracking Issues: In response to incidents, the NOC engineer should carefully track and document all defects and resolutions in detail. This helps in increasing the expert base of NOC and helps in maintenance of system’s health record. Often, the NOC has a ticketing system that the NOC Engineer is accountable for updating.
- Report Incidents: When the technical issues are complicated which needs an immediate response or troubleshooting, NOC engineers must escalate the matter to management as per their SOP (Standard Operation Procedure). If need be, they can include the other IT resources, 3rd party or vendors for a faster resolution after obtaining the proper approvals. They maintain the appropriate communication channels within intra teams or outside so that all stakeholders are kept informed ahead in time bound manner.
- Report Analysis: NOC engineer should be able to analyse data to prepare infographic reports. They should be comfortable in Excel and PowerPoint. NOC Engineer should also have a good understanding of Power BI.
Become a key person in a developing industry
Our business is growing rapidly in the Indian market, as well as in the neighboring countries, and we are therefore looking for a person who can handle the large responsibility that comes with it. To fill the position, you should have the ability to work in challenging environment, have good interpersonal and presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally both orally and in writing. It is furthermore important that you can interact with people from different countries and cultures and that you can manage a busy environment even with a lot on your plate. You should also be ready to travel in any part of India and Overseas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or any related course
- Two (2) to Three (3) years industry experience in a network operations/support environment.
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent.
- Should be comfortable to work in rotational Shift.
- Technical ability to provide 1st level network monitoring.
- Technical ability to provide basic fault finding and fault escalation.
- Good understanding of incident management activities.
- Good ability to follow and documented operational processes.
- Basic understanding of Ethernet, Spanning Tree, TCP/IP, Routing (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP)
- Strong experience with ticket management and change request management systems (Jira Preferred).
- Strong experience with network monitoring / management tools/ analysis tools.
- Experience with liaising with carriers and vendors for faults
- having experience in SD-WAN platforms will be preferred.
- Have some basic knowledge about any NMS Tool and preferably Zabbix.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience and proven track report working with Power BI from Microsoft on all levels.
Want to apply?
If you feel inspired by reading the above and you believe you have what it takes to make a difference for people living without connectivity, then apply! The right candidate can start as soon as possible.
To apply for the position, please send your application (motivation letter and CV) in English to Hitender Kumar: email@example.com mark the title “Global NOC Engineer – BLUETOWN”.
Deadline for application is 10th April 2021. Applications received after the date will not be considered.
What we offer
We offer a competitive package. Salary will be negotiated based on proven track record and qualifications.