BLUETOWN are looking for an Interim R&D Manager is that you?
BLUETOWN is a global Internet and content service provider founded with a mission of connecting the unconnected to the internet. We do so by combining new business models with innovative technological solutions.
We are headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, and local offices in India, Ghana, and Silicon Valley and aim to expand our activities across South Asia, Africa and Latin America in the coming years, connecting millions of people to the Internet – many for the very first time.
BLUETOWN is looking for people who are motivated by our mission of connecting the unconnected and who can help mature our solutions and contribute to our ambitious growth strategy in some of the world’s most fast-growing, but also challenging markets and demanding physical environments for connectivity solutions. As an employee of BLUETOWN your work will contribute to helping people in low-income areas worldwide get connected to the internet, and thereby provide access to today’s most powerful tool for change.
46% of the global population does not have access to the Internet – join our team to close the gap!
Bluetown is looking for an interim R&D manager to help 3-5 months until a permanent position is filled.
Start date asap.
- Manage all existing BLUETOWN R&D partnerships, including expectation settings at management level, escalations, contracts, and payments.
- Execute and maintain the existing R&D delivery roadmap, communicate roadmap delivery progress and issues.
- Head and anchor scoping, planning, release and field testing as a cross-organizational activity that is based on aligned expectations.
- Drive process optimization and software solution stabilization.
- Ensure commercially driven, incremental solution optimizations rather than major new developments in cooperation with the Commercial organisation.
- People Manager of all R&D personnel
- Coordinate all activities related to R&D.
- Technical profile, preferably at architect level, with senior people management experience
- 5+ years of project manager on both scrum based, and Kanban based delivery pipelines
- Ability to engage in a short-term vision.
- Accept the start-up approach: It’s about getting the job done – it really does not matter if it’s your job. If you can do it, get it done.
BLUETOWN offers a great opportunity for leading a small R&D unit of ‘brains’ that’s soon to be supplemented with more ‘implementation muscles’ in low-cost regions, mainly within Europe. We are collaborating with technology domain experts across the globe, and our focus is on DevOps, CI/CD, microservices, Kubernetes, cloud application backends and edge hosted, locally accessible services. As we onboard more R&D-partners we will need software integration testing, coordination and project management to align external and internal deliverables into a strong, reliable R&D solution release pipeline – and that could be your scope of responsibility.
The working location will be BLUETOWN headquarters in Copenhagen. Travel time will be maximum 30 days per year, mainly in Eastern Europe and developing parts of the World.
How to come into consideration
If you are interested in the position, please follow this link. We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis. Your application will of course be handled confidentially.