BLUETOWN intends to do recruitment of the NOC Intern in India. Do you want to be part of a Tech and Services start-up in rapid development? Are you looking for a high profile and versatile job with exciting challenges?
What we do
BLUETOWN is an internet and content service provider with a vision of making modern connectivity accessible and affordable for everyone by combining innovative technology and new business models. Currently, 4 billion people worldwide are unconnected, and the potential impact on their lives is enormous, whether it is economic growth, education, healthcare, or strengthened social relations. BLUETOWN’s solutions also include the BLUETOWN Local Cloud that provides end-users with access to verified e-Health, e-Learning, agricultural e-Content, entertainment, and more.
As a NOC Intern, you will be responsible for ensuring timely site integration, escalation and resolution documentation of any issue in the BLUETOWN network – as basis for meeting BLUETOWN network uptime and performance targets. And to provide consolidated and useful management information on BLUETOWN network performance.
The NOC Intern will also be responsible for:
- Integration of new sites in the BLUETOWN Network Monitoring System (BNMS)• Review and reject/accept new sites for BLUETOWN Network Operations (handover from deployment to operations), incl. confirming completeness and correctness of documentation and site-on-air declaration.
- Keep records of all planned maintenance work on sites.
- Monitoring of BLUETOWN networks, confirming that all outages are logged.
- Initial root cause assessment of network issues, escalation to relevant organization (BLUETOWN internal or partners supplying the faulty parts of the solution) for resolution.
- Follow-up on network issues escalated to subcontractors and partners to ensure focus and quick resolution.
- Review of trouble ticket content to confirm correct and complete information about any outage prior to marking the issues as resolved.
- Consolidation of network performance data into network uptime reports and network performance reports (data and textual explanations)
- Perform basic, remote maintenance of BLUETOWN networked elements, e.g. firmware upgrades, loading of new configuration files, and power cycling.
- Perform basic, remote health check as needed.
- Perform customer surveys to increase BLUETOWN understanding of customers and technical issues, etc.
- Respond to customer calls (Customer Care), resolving customer problems and answering questions. In case immediate resolution / answer cannot be provided: to escalate this to relevant levels and follow up to ensure that the customer receives quick and professional support.
- Logging customer calls in the trouble ticket system to keep proper reports of issues and required actions / resolution.
Become a key person in a developing industry
Our business is growing rapidly in the Indian market, as well as in the neighboring countries, and we are therefore looking for a person who can handle the large responsibility that comes with it. To fill the position, you should have the ability to work in challenging environment, have good interpersonal and presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally both orally and in writing. It is furthermore important that you can interact with people from different countries and cultures and that you can manage a busy environment even with a lot on your plate. You should also be ready to travel in any part of India and Overseas.
Besides the above-mentioned skills, the following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication Eng., Computer Science, or Electrical Electronic Eng.
- Skilled within Microsoft Excel, incl. formulas, VLOOKUP, Pivot tables and charts, etc.
- Hands-on experience from trouble ticket tool, incl. validation of ticket information
- Hands-on experience from network monitoring tool, incl. integration of elements to be monitored
- Experience with data consolidation and network performance reporting
- Basic understand of IP networks and Wi-Fi
- Good English skills (verbal and written)
- Good Hindi skills (verbal and written)
Want to apply?
If you feel inspired by reading the above and you believe you have what it takes to make a difference for people living without connectivity, then apply! The right candidate can start as soon as possible. To apply for the position, please send your application (motivation letter and CV) in English to Priyanka Goyal: firstname.lastname@example.org mark the title “NOC Intern- BLUETOWN”.
What we offer
Stipend will be based on proven track record and qualifications.
Who we are
BLUETOWN was founded in 2012 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and employs more than 90 employees worldwide. Approximately 36 of the people are employed in BLUETOWN India in headquarters in Delhi and the regional office in Ranchi, Jharkhand.