46% of the global population does not have access to the Internet – join our team to close the gap!
BLUETOWN (www.bluetown.com) is a global Internet and content service provider founded with a mission of connecting the unconnected to the internet. We do so by combining new business models with innovative technological solutions.
We are headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, with an in-house R&D department, and local offices in India, Ghana, Tanzania and Silicon Valley. We are a fast-growing company and will be expanding our activities across South Asia, Africa and Latin America in the coming years, connecting millions of people to the Internet – many for the very first time.
BLUETOWN currently employs 90 people worldwide. To continue our growth, we are looking for people who are motivated by our mission of connecting the unconnected and who can contribute to our ambitious growth strategy in some of the world’s most fast-growing but also challenging markets and demanding physical environments for connectivity solutions. As an employee of BLUETOWN, your work will contribute to helping people in low-income areas worldwide get connected to the internet and thereby provide access to today’s most powerful tool for change.
If you like to work in an exciting and challenging environment with colleagues who strive to reach BLUETOWN’s company goal jointly by giving a billion people in rural areas Wi-Fi this might be the job for you!
We expect that you have a relevant educational background within data science and software development, supplemented by courses and conferences within machine learning, AI, Azure, AWS and security and that you are updated on the latest technology trends. Hands-on experience with Power BI is an advantage.
Your responsibility will be to Support the full BLUETOWN organization by ensuring that Master Data required for analysis and statistics is collected, structured, stored and made accessible and providing R&D with analysis relevant for development of new / optimized products, e.g. component lifetime, reasons for product failure, predicting product / component lifetime and maintenance requirements. In addition, the data warehouse you’re building will be serving the full organization on all aspects of analysis and predictions.
- Set up and manage BLUETOWN’s data warehouse.
- Integrating external or new datasets into existing data pipelines.
- Building APIs for data consumption.
- Create / implement and maintain third party solutions for query and process data, provide reports, summarize and visualize data.
- Presenting the results of a technical analysis of R&D product performance.
- Ensure easy access to master data for internal and external customers.
- Communication with Customers for which collection and sharing of data is part of the business agreement with BLUETOWN
- Support all departments that need access to the BLUETOWN master data.
- Applying feature transformations for machine learning models on new data.
- Evaluating statistical models to determine the validity of analyses.
- Test, implement and approve machine learning models to build better predictive algorithms.
- Relevant technical educational background within data science and software development.
- Solid experience with similar tasks – preferable from a system integrator or global infrastructure provider.
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining large data warehouse, incl. building APIs for data consumption and implementation of tools for querying and visualization of data and dashboard creation.
- Experience with data analyzation (query and process data, provide reports, summarize and visualize data).
- Experience with evaluation of statistical models to validate data analysis.
- Experience with machine learning models.
- Good communication skills in English (both verbal & written).
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills, acknowledging that we are working across many different cultures.
- Willing to gain influence to ensure the best results
- Proactive with a personal drive for getting things done and getting them done right
- Thriving in a sometimes-hectic and unstructured work environment of a start-up company and being able to identify and prioritize tasks which are the most critical
- Positive, open and trustworthy communication
- Can listen to others and understand their needs
- Willing to travel approximately 30 days a year, mainly to third world countries
The working location will be BLUETOWN headquarters in Copenhagen Ø. Travel time will be maximum 30 days per year, mainly in developing parts of the world. We have a good and flexible working environment and a strong focus on employee development.
If you are interested in the position, please send your application including CV marked “DA” to firstname.lastname@example.org asap. We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis. When you apply for the job you allow BLUETOWN and BS Management to handle your data. Your application will of course be handled confidentially.
For further information, please contact BS Management, Bjorn Sigvardsen mobile: +45 30 74 50 51